Richard, Anadarko, Jones Act & Seaman: A recent case in the United States District Court, W.D. Louisiana, Lafayette Division ruled on a summary judgment motion.
The Richard, Anadarko, Jones Act & Seaman case documents what many workers on a vessel, tugboat, ship, offshore, oil rig, oil platform, roustabouts and seaman may face today – an offshore injury or oil rig accident suffered while working on a ship or vessel, oil rig, oil platform or offshore that may be a potential admiralty injury, Jones act injury & maritime injury case.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. 6:11-0083 – March 17, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Plaintiff was employed by OES as a casing supervisor on the Belford Dolphin.
- He filed the instant suit against Anadarko, Dolphin, Smith, and Hunting to recover damages for injuries he allegedly sustained on June 1, 2009, while working on the drill floor during casing operations.
- Plaintiff claims the casing crew was lifting a joint of casing when the nubbin suddenly became detached, causing the casing to fall on top of Plaintiff and to crush him against the drill floor.
Have you been injured in an offshore accident? If you have been injured while working as longshoremen, roughneck, cruise ship employee, etc., the laws that govern the areas of navigation, shipping, and overseas injuries, known as maritime and admiralty laws, may protect you.
Individuals suffering a Maritime, Admiralty, Jones Act type personal injury (offshore injury, offshore accident, oil rig injury, oil rig accident or injured offshore) may be entitled to compensation in the form of maintenance payments, lost wages, monies for medical treatment and other damages. These are some of the jobs that may fall under maritime, Jones act or admiralty law:
- Merchant Marine
- Cruise Ships
- Ship Construction
- River Boats
- Tug Boats
- Fish Processing
- Commercial Underwater Divers
- Oil Platform/Rig Workers/Roughnecks
- Casino Boats
For more on admiralty, Jones act and admiralty injury cases, please follow this link.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been injured while out at sea on a boat or vessel, working on an oil rig platform and are considered a seaman, and need an admiralty lawyer, Jones act lawyer or maritime lawyer to help you file an admiralty lawsuit, Jones act lawsuit or maritime lawsuit, please contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS