Gaghan, Accutane, Hoffman-LaRoche, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) case documents what many accutane prescription drug users may be experiencing today – potential inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s Disease or other problem from the use of accutane. The court ruled in favor of the Defendant in the case.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. A-2717-11T2, A-3211-11T2, A-3217-11T2 – August 4, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- These consolidated appeals arise from a single jury trial.
- Plaintiffs – residents of California – allege that the acne drug Accutane caused their development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and that defendant drug companies (Roche) failed to give an adequate warning of IBD as a potential side effect of their drug.
- Roche appeals from a verdict of $2,125,617 in favor of plaintiff Gillian Gaghan, and plaintiffs Kelley Andrews and James David Greenblatt, who is also known as James David Marshall, appeal from the jury’s verdict in favor of Roche.
- Having considered the record and the parties’ arguments, we reverse the verdict in favor of Gaghan and affirm the verdicts in favor of Roche.
Accutane (isotretinoin) is a drug that was developed by Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. for treating severe cystic (nodular) acne. Accutane is also marketed under the names Roaccutane, Amnesteem, Claravis and Sotret. Accutane is known as a retinoid, and is a synthetic form of Vitamin A. Accutane was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1982.
Accutane Health Concerns
According to many reviews and reports, Accutane treatment may have a number of long term and serious side effects, including:
- Birth defects
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Colitis (ulcerative), and many other Accutane side effects
For more on Accutane, please follow this link…
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have taken the acne drug accutane and been diagnosed with one of the above noted problems (inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s Disease…), contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS