Downing, Transvaginal Mesh, Ethicon, Pelvic Mesh, Pelvic Organ Prolapse case documents what many users of pelvic mesh or transvaginal surgical mesh to treat pelvic organ prolapse, stress urinary incontinence and other ailments may be experiencing today – complications that may include vaginal discharge, painful intercourse, bleeding, pelvic pain, migration, infection and cramping. The court ruled in favor of the Plaintiff in the case.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. 8:14-cv-2219-T-33AEP – September 26, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Downing alleges that she was injured after being implanted with Boston Scientific’s and Ethicon’s pelvic mesh devices at St. Anthony’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida on May 5, 2010, to treat “pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence.”.
- Downing contends that she was forced to undergo a second “corrective surgery” at Tampa General Hospital to “revise and remove Defendants’ products.”
Surgical pelvic mesh, manufactured with polypropylene and intended for transvaginal insertion, is known by many names, including:
- Transvaginal Mesh
- Vaginal Mesh
- Bladder Sling Mesh
- TVT Mesh
- Transvaginal Tape
One use of the transvaginal mesh support system is to help with pelvic organ prolapse (uterine prolapse), which sometimes occurs in women after childbirth or surgery, which causes the womb to fall into the vaginal area.
One particular system used in vaginal organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence surgery is the Bard® Avaulta vaginal mesh support system manufactured by C.R. Bard. Other transvaginal mesh support system Johnson & Johnson/Ethicon, Inc., American Medical Systems, Boston Scientific, C.R. Bard, Coloplast, Caldera Medical, and others –
- Avaulta Vaginal Meshes (Biosynthetic, Plus and Solo)
- Gynecare Prosima, TVT, Gynemesh and Prolift products
- Mentor ObTape
- Bard Pelvic Meshes (PelviSoft, PelviLace and Pelvicol products)
- AMS Mini Arc Single Incision Sling
- Coloplast Mesh
- Caldera Mesh
- AMS BioArc, Elevate, Perigee and Apogee
- Tyco IVS
- Boston Scientific Arise, Pinnacle, Advantage Fit, Lynx, Obtryx, Prefyx PPS and Solyx
If you were implanted with a vaginal mesh, and have developed one or more of the above referenced symptoms or side effects and/or health problems, you may have a vaginal mesh lawsuit or transvaginal mesh lawsuit and be entitled to compensation.
For more information on transvaginal mesh, follow this link – TVM.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you or a loved one received a transvaginal mesh support system, pelvic sling implant or pelvic mesh support system and have suffered an injury or side effect related to the pelvic mesh implant, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.