The case is filed in the United States District Court, N.D. Illinois, Eastern Division and documents what many Navy veterans face today – past potential asbestos exposure and mesothelioma.
The Plaintiff lost the motion.
To find out more on the case, see Case no. 13 C 8157– April 28, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Mr. Totten, who suffers from mesothelioma, brought this suit in Illinois state court against approximately 40 Defendants alleging that asbestos in Defendants’ products caused his illness.
- Mr. Totten alleges that he was exposed to asbestos when he served in the U.S. Navy from 1956 to 1958 and also when he worked as a civilian from 1962 to 1983.
- Crane made valves, which contained asbestos, for U.S. Navy ships.
For more on mesothelioma and asbestos, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS