Topamax and Birth Defect: TOPAMAX® is manufactured for by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Janssen is located in Titusville, New Jersey. Unfortunately, Topamax may be associated with birth defects. Several topamax lawsuit filings have concerned the use of topamax and subsequent birth defects.
TOPAMAX® is a prescription medicine primarily used to help with seizures and migraines. In particular, topamax is used:
- to treat certain types of seizures (partial onset seizures and primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures) in adults and children 2 years and older,
- with other medicines to treat certain types of seizures (partial onset seizures, primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures, and seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome) in adults and children 2 years and older,
- to prevent migraine headaches in adults
- to treat certain types of seizures in people who have epilepsy
- Topiramate (TOPAMAX®) is also used with other medications to control seizures in people who have Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (a disorder that causes seizures and developmental delays)
- Topiramate is in a class of medications called anticonvulsants
FDA WARNINGS – TOPAMAX® CAN HARM YOUR UNBORN BABY – TOPAMAX AND BIRTH DEFECT
For more information on Topamax, click here.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you or your child suffered a birth defect – cleft lip or cleft palate – that you believe may be related to using Topamax during pregnancy and would like your case evaluated, please contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS