Primary Effusion Lymphoma & Asbestos Exposure: A recent published article discussed a recent case of past asbestos exposure and the development of Primary effusion lymphoma (PEL), a subtype of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and not mesothelioma. Mesothelioma cancer may be caused by direct asbestos exposure or secondary asbestos exposure (asbestos dust or asbestos fibers).
The Primary Effusion Lymphoma & Asbestos Exposure article documents a rare case of a past asbestos exposure victim being diagnosed with Primary Effusion Lymphoma, a subtype of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and not mesothelioma.
- A brief abstract/summary of the article:
We report a case of PEL developed in a subject with past asbestos exposure
- Primary effusion lymphoma (PEL) is one of the subtypes of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, usually presenting as serous effusions without detectable masses or organomegaly.
- A 65-year-old man was referred to our hospital because of dyspnea on exertion. He has smoked a little and was exposed asbestos for 3 years during engaged in the construction industry. A chest X-ray showed left pleural effusion.
To read more of the article, follow this link – October 28, 2014.
For more on asbestos and mesothelioma, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and need an asbestos or mesothelioma lawyer to help you file a mesothelioma lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS