As reported by Newsday, it appears that researchers have published findings about their research on a new test to detect mesothelioma biomarkers in human serum. The condition – mesothelioma – is a rare form of lung cancer, mostly caused by asbestos exposure.
- The study – published in the Clinical Proteomics Journal – led by Ferdinando Cerciello and Bernd Wollscheid, from the Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, in Zurich
- The new test to detect mesothelioma biomarkers was found by using a Selected Reaction Monitoring (SRM)
- The new test to detect mesothelioma – SRM Test – is based on the hypothesis that tumour-cells are prone to release certain glycoproteins into the circulatory system
- HSE (Health and Safety Executive) believe that mesothelioma deaths are expected to increase in future years
- Mesothelioma is a form of cancer, caused mostly through the inhalation, and retention of asbestos fibers
- Sometimes the symptoms of mesothelioma may not appear until 20, 30 40 or even 50 years after the exposure
- If the new test to detect mesothelioma is accurate it may be possible to detect mesothelioma cancer via a simple and non invasive blood test.
Asbestos fibers have been used in the manufacturing of a wide variety of industrial and household products in the United States and around the world. For more on mesothelioma and asbestos, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and would like your case evaluated, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS