Buffalo Pumps and Mesothelioma: A case that was filed in the United States District Court, S.D. California against Buffalo Pumps, Inc., Crane Company and others documents what many Navy veterans face today – past potential asbestos exposure and mesothelioma.
To find out more on the case, see Case no. 12CV744 BTM (DHB) – August 1, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Plaintiff Donald Willis was allegedly exposed to asbestos while serving in the United States Navy between 1959 and 1980 as a result of his work with asbestos-containing products.
- Defendant purportedly manufactured and supplied asbestos-containing gasket material sheets and packing material to the United States Navy.
- In 2012, Donald Willis was diagnosed with Malignant Mesothelioma — a form of cancer caused by inhalation of asbestos particles.
- Donald Willis and his wife, Viola Willis, brought suit advancing a number of claims including negligence, strict liability, false representation, intentional failure to warn, premises owner/contractor liability, and loss of consortium.
- Donald Willis died from Malignant Mesothelioma on May 5, 2013.
- Viola Willis subsequently amended the complaint to include a cause of action for wrongful death and was substituted in her deceased husband’s place so that she could assert his original claims.
For more on mesothelioma and asbestos, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS