The Boyer, Weyerhauser, Asbestos & Mesothelioma case documents what many construction workers may face today – past potential secondary exposure to asbestos and mesothelioma. The court ruled in favor of the defendants in the case.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. 14-cv-286-wmc – August 22, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Plaintiffs Milton and Kathy Boyer bring claims against defendants arising out of Milton’s exposure to asbestos and a related disease, malignant mesothelioma.
- Before the court are two motions to dismiss. In the first motion, defendant Weyerhaeuser Company, the former owner of a door manufacturing plant where Milton Boyer worked and asbestos fireproofing products were produced, moves to dismiss the claims brought against it as barred by Wisconsin’s Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Plaintiff Milton Boyer previously was employed at a door manufacturing plant in Marshfield, Wisconsin, where asbestos fireproofing products were manufactured and products containing asbestos were used in the manufacturing process.
- Plaintiff Kathy Boyer is his wife.
For more on asbestos and mesothelioma, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and need an asbestos or mesothelioma lawyer to help you file a mesothelioma lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS