Asbestos, Cement Factory & Mesothelioma: A recent published article examined the incidence of malignant mesothelioma (MM) associated with distinct sources of asbestos exposure (occupational, familial, or environmental) in Broni, an Italian town in which an asbestos cement factory once operated (1932–1993).
Mesothelioma cancer may be caused by direct asbestos exposure or secondary asbestos exposure (asbestos dust or asbestos fibers).
A brief abstract/summary of the Asbestos, Cement Factory & Mesothelioma article:
- This paper presents an study on the incidence of malignant mesothelioma (MM) associated with distinct sources of asbestos exposure (occupational, familial, or environmental). We assessed the impact of asbestos exposure—global and by source—on the incidence of MM in Broni, an Italian town in which an asbestos cement factory once operated (1932–1993). Some high points include –
- assessment of mesothelioma incidence in a region in which an asbestos cement factory was operating
- largest occupational mesothelioma burden was in men
- overall mesothelioma burden was higher in women, from non-occupational exposure
- Almost half of the cases were attributable to environmental exposure to asbestos
To read more of the article, follow this link – October 16, 2014.
For more on asbestos and mesothelioma, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and need an asbestos or mesothelioma lawyer to help you file a mesothelioma lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS