Testosterone Low T therapy is on the rise and so goes the rise of a potential low t lawsuit. Prescription testosterone Low T therapy is being used by aging men that may have “low T” (low testosterone levels) and are convinced that this “low T” is the source of many of their age-related problems. Several studies in the last year have indicated that some problems may be associated with Low T therapy.
One study published in 2012 on NIH, states the following:
- Low testosterone levels in men have been associated with increased mortality.
- However, the influence of testosterone treatment on mortality in men with low testosterone levels is not known.
- In an observational cohort of men with low testosterone levels, testosterone treatment was associated with decreased mortality compared with no testosterone treatment.
- These results should be interpreted cautiously because residual confounding may still be a source of bias. Large, randomized clinical trials are needed to better characterize the health effects of testosterone treatment in older men with low testosterone levels.
In another study in late 2013 published on NIH states the following:
- Rates of testosterone therapy are increasing
- cardiovascular outcomes and mortality are unknown.
- A recent randomized clinical trial of testosterone therapy in men with a high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases was stopped
- Raising concerns about testosterone therapy safety.
- Undergoing coronary angiography and had a low serum testosterone level
- These findings may inform the discussion about the potential risks of testosterone therapy.
The men in the 2013 study had low testosterone levels and were undergoing coronary angiography to examine their hearts.
Some of the potential problems that may be associated with testosterone (Low T) therapy include:
- Stroke, which occurs when a blood clot reaches the brain and restricts oxygen supply
- Pulmonary embolism, which happens when a blood clot lodges in the lungs
- Blood Clot in the Deep Veins (Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT)
- Myocardial infarction (Heart Attack), commonly known as a heart attack – a sudden loss of blood flow in the heart
- Arrhythmia, an irregular heartbeat
- Transient ischemic attacks, or “mini-strokes,” as they are commonly called
If you or your loved one has suffered a heart attack or stroke while on Androgel®, Androderm®, Fortesta®, Axiron®, Testim®, Bio-T-Gel®, Delatestryl®, Depo-Testosterone®, Striant®, and Testopel®– and you have any of these symptoms while on low testosterone low t therapy and want to talk to a Low T lawyer and/or file a low testosterone lawsuit or low t lawsuit, contact us.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you or a man you know suffered a stroke, pulmonary embolism, heart attack, stroke, death or another serious cardiac event while undergoing testosterone low T therapy (e.g., androgen et al.) and would like your case evaluated, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS