Testosterone was approved for the treatment of hypogonadism due to known diseases of the testes, pituitary and hypothalamus. Although the use of testosterone therapy is increasing, the treatment has not been approved for the treatment of age-related symptoms or the age-related decline of testosterone levels. The Endocrine Society has a also published a guide that outlines testosterone therapy in men.
The call for more low T or more low testosterone studies is based on the recent studies (see Low T Lawsuit ) published by NIH and the VA.
These low testosterone studies raised concerns that low T therapy or low testosterone therapy may possibly be linked to cardiovascular events in men.
Some the potential problems that may be caused by low T or low testosterone therapy may include:
- Stroke, which occurs when a blood clot reaches the brain and restricts oxygen supply
- Pulmonary embolism, which happens when a blood clot lodges in the lungs
- Blood Clot in the Deep Veins (Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT)
- Myocardial infarction (Heart Attack), commonly known as a heart attack – a sudden loss of blood flow in the heart
- Arrhythmia, an irregular heartbeat
- Transient ischemic attacks, or “mini-strokes,” as they are commonly called
If you or your loved one has suffered a heart attack or stroke while on Androgel®, Androderm®, Fortesta®, Axiron®, Testim®, Bio-T-Gel®, Delatestryl®, Depo-Testosterone®, Striant®, and Testopel®– and you have any of these symptoms while on low testosterone or low t therapy and want to talk to a Low T lawyer and/or file a low testosterone lawsuit or low t lawsuit, contact us.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you or a man you know suffered a stroke, pulmonary embolism, heart attack, stroke, death or another serious cardiac event while undergoing low testosterone therapy or low T therapy (e.g., androgel et al.) and would like your case evaluated, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS