Zofran, Glaxo, Birth Defect & Bostic: A recent case in the United States District Court, E.D. Kentucky, Southern Division, Pikeville ruled on a motion to remand and sever.
The Zofran, Glaxo, Birth Defect & Bostic case is about a Kentucky mother that took Zofran (ondansetron, generic Zofran) during her pregnancy and gave birth to a child with a birth defect.
A brief summary of the Zofran, Glaxo, Birth Defect & Bostic case includes:
- Heather Bostic took ondansetron, generic Zofran, to treat morning sickness during the first trimester of her pregnancy.
- Zofran is a drug meant to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy and radiation cancer treatments
- Sadly, Heather Bostic’s daughter, D.B., was born with multiple congenital defects, including a missing kidney and a hole in her heart.
- When D.B. was about seven months old, she got sick and started vomiting.
- A doctor prescribed D.B. Zofran for her nausea, and Heather Bostic gave one dose of it to D.B. Tragically, the next day, D.B. stopped breathing and died from cardiopulmonary arrest.
- The Court ruled: Granted
- For more on this case, please follow this link: Zofran – December 9, 2015
CASE WATCH℠ is a compilation of a variety of cases, including birth defect and prescription drug (for more news on paxil or zofran related cases, follow this link – birth defect), personal injury, jones act and toxic tort cases nationwide.
We hope that these posts provide an insight into the various situations in which someone has been injured and the various remedies sought. And, we hope that it is both helpful and informative.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases.
If you have a child that has a birth injury, birth defect or birth defects (e.g., congenital defect, heart defects, PPHN, lung defect and others) that you believe may have been caused by a defective drug, e.g., paxil, zofran – and need help filing a birth defect lawsuit, please contact our office at 1.800.672.4916.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS