The Ward, Goss-Jewett, Laundry Pads, Asbestos & Mesothelioma case documents what many laundry workers may face today – past potential direct and secondary exposure to asbestos and mesothelioma. The court ruled on the motion.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. A139306 – May 6, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- On April 17, 2012, Patricia Ward filed a complaint against multiple corporate defendants alleging she suffered from mesothelioma as a result of work-related exposure to asbestos-containing products they manufactured or distributed.
- Ward had worked in a laundry where pads “associated with the ironing boards and presses were made from asbestos.” Among the named defendants was Goss-Jewett Co. of Northern California (Goss-Jewett or the company).
- Goss-Jewett sold laundry products to the dry cleaning industry. Goss-Jewett ceased operations in 2000 and has no assets, with the possible exception of liability insurance.
- The company “never formally wound-down because it could not and still cannot afford to do so.” Goss-Jewett’s corporate status is listed as “active” with the California Secretary of State and its agent for service of process is Stephen Lamanet.
- Lamanet is the son of the original owner of Goss-Jewett and currently owns 51 percent of the company.
For more on asbestos and mesothelioma, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and need an asbestos or mesothelioma lawyer to help you file a mesothelioma lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS