Talc, Johnson & Johnson & Ovarian Cancer: A case in the United States District Court, E.D. Missouri, Eastern Division, ruled on motion to dismiss.
The Talc, Johnson & Johnson & Ovarian Cancer case is about a woman that allegedly developed ovarian cancer from her use of the baby powder products that may contain asbestos and other carcinogenic chemicals.
A brief summary of the Talc, Johnson & Johnson & Ovarian Cancer includes:
- Ms. Blaes was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in October 2008 and died as a result of her cancer on January 12, 2011.
- Plaintiff alleged that Ms. Blaes used Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Powder and Shower to Shower products on her perineal area from 1972 to 2011.
- Plaintiff alleges that the Johnson & Johnson products caused Ms. Blaes’ ovarian cancer.
- Plaintiff filed this lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc., Imerys Talc America, Inc. f/k/a Luzenac America, Inc. (“Imerys”) (Johnson & Johnson’s talc supplier), Personal Care Products Council f/k/a Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association (a trade organization), and Walgreens Co. and Schnucks (retailers where Ms. Blaes purchased Johnson & Johnson’s products).
- The Court ruled: Granted and Denied in part
- For more on the Talc, Johnson & Johnson & Ovarian Cancer case, please follow this link: Talc, Johnson & Johnson & Ovarian Cancer – December 4, 2014.
For information on other cases involving asbestos and talcum powder products (baby powder, shower to shower…), please see the recent verdict for an Alabama woman that was awarded millions based on her use of these baby powder products –
- Asbestos and Talcum Powder St. Louis Missouri
- Johnson and Johnson to pay $55 million for Baby powder and ovarian cancer
The American Cancer Society references talcum powder and its relationship with asbestos – See this link: Talcum powder and asbestos
For more on asbestos exposure and the potential problems associated with asbestos exposure (e.g., asbestosis, cancer, lung cancer, mesothelioma…), please follow this link: AML
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS