Son files lawsuit for second hand asbestos exposure against a number of defendants after the death of his father who allegedly contracted malignant mesothelioma from repeated environmental and occupational asbestos exposure.
As reported by The Louisiana Record, Lance Vincent Ford filed suit against the the following:
- Asbestos Corporation Limited
- Taylor-Seidenbach Inc.
- Eagle Inc.
- Union Carbide Corporation
- Burmaster Land and Development Co LLC
- Zurich American Insurance Company
- Owens Illinois Inc.
- Uniroyal Inc.
- The United States Rubber Company Inc.
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
The son filed lawsuit for second hand asbestos exposure because the:
- father was exposed to injurious levels of asbestos from environmental exposure and asbestos-containing scrap metal
- father had occupational exposure from the National Gypsum Westwego facility
- defendants designed, tested, evaluated, manufactured, packaged, furnished, stored, handled, transported, installed, supplied and sold asbestos-containing products and becasue the defendants
- distributed and used of products
- that are unreasonably dangerous
- have high potential for causing serious injury, such as:
- respiratory disease
- other health problems
The lawsuit lays out a case against the defendants of:
- failing to warn
- failing to provide safety instructions
- failing to adequately test the products for defects
- failing to truthfully report or adequately report the results of product testing
- failing to recall the products
- being otherwise negligent
The son is trying to recover the following at a trial by jury and:
- damages for the conscious physical pain
- suffering sustained by the plaintiff and his now deceased father
- the physical impairment and disfigurement suffered by the plaintiff’s father
- reasonable and necessary medical expenses
- funeral and burial expenses
- lost earnings
- loss of quality of life
- loss of consortium, love, affection, services and society
- other damages
Malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) is an aggressive disease of the pleural lining with a dismal prognosis. Mesothelioma can be contracted from asbestos exposure (and second hand asbestos exposure) and many mesothelioma victims were in the armed forces, in particular, the Navy. Asbestos fibers have been used in the manufacturing of a wide variety of industrial and household products in the United States and around the world. For more on mesothelioma and asbestos, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and would like your case evaluated, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS