Recently, an asbestos and mesothelioma lawsuit in Illinois began in the Madison County Court (case no. 2013L 000031)
The mesothelioma lawsuit in illinois involves the following parties:
- Suit filed against Crane Co. and John Crane Inc.
- Alleges that plaintiff was a machinist mate for the United States Navy from 1959-1962 and 1965-1969, serving on the USS Forrestal, USS Tallahatchie County and the USS Hollister
- Alleges plaintiff’s job in Navy was to change gaskets, repair pumps and repair valves
- Part of his job required him to scrape out the dry, baked asbestos from gaskets in order to replace them with new ones
- He used a wire brush and a scraper to clean the asbestos from the old gaskets
- His day-to-day activities involved working with chrysotile valves, gaskets and packing
- He was also exposed to asbestos packing, which was used in valves and pumps as a sealant to prevent leaking
- Plaintiff died of inoperable mesothelioma at age 71
Asbestos fibers have been used in the manufacturing of a wide variety of industrial and household products in the United States and around the world.
For more on mesothelioma and asbestos, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and need help evaluating your case, please contact us so a mesothelioma lawyer can assess your potential mesothelioma lawsuit. We are here to help you.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and would like your case evaluated, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS