The Melendez, Ameron, Asbestos & Mesothelioma case is about a California man that worked at a pipe manufacturer and alleged he developed mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos while working at the pipe manufacturing plant.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- For approximately 24 years, Lario Melendrez worked for Ameron International Corporation
- Alleged exposure to asbestos in the manufacture of Ameron’s Bondstrand pipe products.
- Also permitted to take waste or scrap pipe home, where he was exposed to asbestos in using the pipe (asbestos pipe covering) for home projects.
- December 2010, he was diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos.
- Died in 2011 of asbestos-related mesothelioma
- Ameron moved for summary judgment
- Alleging sole and exclusive remedy against Ameron lies in the California Workers’ Compensation Act.
- The trial court agreed, and granted summary judgment.
The Appeals court ruled: Affirmed. To find out more on the case, see Case No. 256928– September 17, 2015.
For more on asbestos and mesothelioma, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS