Mcgruder, Motiva, Benzene, Leukemia: A recent case documents what many people may face today that may have worked in the petroleum industry and the petrochemical industry and been exposed to Benzene – leukemia.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- The plaintiff’s petition seeks damages for personal injuries allegedly sustained on June 1, 2013, during a benzene release at the Shell Norco Plant. Suit was filed on May 29, 2014, and removed on the basis of diversity jurisdiction on July 7, 2014.
For more on the Mcgruder, Motiva, Benzene, Leukemia, see Benzene Exposure.Lawyer
Benzene is a clear, colorless aromatic liquid that is highly flammable and is used in many industries, including, the petroleum industry, the petrochemical industry, the steel industry, the industrial chemical industry, the alkalies manufacturing industry, the paint indutry and by the chlorine manufacturers. Benzene exposure may cause:
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Acute non-lymphocytic leukemia (ANLL)
- Secondary aplastic anemia
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome, or
- Non-hodkins lymphoma
- Kidney problems
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases.
If you have been diagnosed with a serious disease (e.g., leukemia, non-hodgkins lymphoma etc.) from benzene exposure, and need a benzene lawyer to help you file a benzene exposure lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS