The Krauss, Trane, Asbestos & Mesothelioma case documents what many bricklayers and people in the bricklaying industry may face today – past potential direct and secondary exposure to asbestos and mesothelioma. The court ruled on the motion.
To find out more on the case, see Case Nos. 644 EDA 2013, 671 EDA 2013 – October 22, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Appellant Colleen M. Krauss contends Appellant’s decedent, Henry M. Krauss, was employed in the bricklaying trade, and during the course of his employment, Mr. Krauss worked at various job sites throughout the state of Louisiana, including at Borden Chemical in Geimser, Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Company in both Baton Rouge and Gramercy, Freeport Chemical in Convent, AgraCo in Donaldsville, and while in the employ of John Wayne Smith Masonry in Baton Rouge.
- Appellant claims Mr. Krauss also worked at Kirkland Masonry in Boca Raton, Florida. According to Appellant, Mr. Krauss worked at these job sites between the years of 1978 and 1983 with each job varying in length.
- Appellant claims Appellant’s decedent was exposed to asbestos at numerous jobsites from working with and/or around Appellees’ products, including turbines manufactured by Appellees General Electric and CBS Corporation (Westinghouse); boilers manufactured by Appellees Zurn Industries, Foster Wheeler, LLC and Trane US. Inc. f/k/a American Standard; pumps manufactured by Appellee Gould Pumps, Inc., and joint compound and other spackling and adhesive products manufactured by Appellee Georgia[-]Pacific, LLC. Appellant claims while on the job the decedent[,] Mr. Krauss[,] got asbestos on his clothes and hair and in his lungs, and as a result he contracted mesothelioma.
- Appellant’s decedent was not deposed before his death.
For more on asbestos and mesothelioma, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and need an asbestos or mesothelioma lawyer to help you file a mesothelioma lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS