The Grande, Borg-Warner, Navy, Asbestos & Mesothelioma case documents what many navy vets and aboard U.S. navy ships (e.g., boilerman) may face today – past potential direct and secondary exposure to asbestos and mesothelioma. The court ruled on the motion.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. 12cv540-GPC(JMA) – August 18, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Decedent Gerald Brantley passed away on February 8, 2013.
- At the time of his death, Decedent suffered from malignant mesothelioma, a form of cancer linked to exposure to asbestos.
- Plaintiff Lisa Grande, Decedent’s daughter and the successor in interest to the Estate of Gerald Brantley, alleges Decedent was exposed to asbestos from Crane Co.’s products, resulting in the diagnosis of his asbestos-related disease and his eventual death.
- Specifically, Plaintiff alleges Decedent was exposed to Crane Co.’s products during his career as a Navy machinist.
- Decedent served aboard the USS Fort Marion in the United States Navy from approximately 1958 to 1960.
- The USS Fort Marion was commissioned in January 1946.
- As a boilerman, Decedent tended to boilers, pumps, and valves located in two boiler rooms aboard the vessel.
- Decedent performed work on globe valves, gate valves, ball valves, micrometer valves, and steam valves while aboard the USS Fort Marion.
- Plaintiff’s claims as to Decedent’s exposure to Defendant Crane Co.’s asbestos-containing products is limited to Decedent’s service in the Navy while aboard the USS Fort Marion.
ASBESTOS & MESOTHELIOMA
For more on asbestos and mesothelioma, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and need an asbestos or mesothelioma lawyer to help you file a mesothelioma lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS