Fontan, Janssen, Xarelto & Internal Bleeding case documents what many xarelto prescription drug users may be experiencing today – potential internal bleeding from the use of xarelto that could result in serious injuries or even death. The court ruled in favor of the Plaintiffs in the case.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. 14-1880 – June 11, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- On March 27, 2014, Plaintiffs Scott Leslie Michael Fontan, Elaine Ann Fontan Lemons, and Glen Paul Fontan filed this product liability action in the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as Successors in Interest to Maureen Jane Woodings Fountan, who is deceased.
- In this case, Plaintiffs have filed suit against eight named Defendants: (1) Janssen Research & Development, LLC (“JRD”); (2) Johnson & Johnson Company (“J & J”); (3) Janssen Ortho, LLC; (4) Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“JPI”); (5) Bayer Corporation; (6) Bayer AG; (7) Bayer HealthCare LLC; and (8) Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Plaintiffs seek damages for injuries allegedly caused to decedent Maureen Jane Woodings Fountan by the prescription medication Xarelto, which is manufactured and distributed by Defendants.
- Plaintiffs Scott Leslie Michael Fontan, Elaine Ann Fontan Lemons, Glen Paul Fontan, and decedent Maureen Jane Woodings Fountan are all residents of Louisiana.
The latest Xarelto news revolves around the proposed expansion of the drug for some additional problems by Johnson & Johnson and Bayer. Xarelto, manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceutical, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, has been widely prescribed. But, there may be some problems that may be associated with the use of Xarelto (Rivaroxaban). These problems may include:
- gastrointestinal and cerebral hemorrhaging or bleeding
- internal bleeding
- heart attack
- intracranial bleeding
- and death.
And, as posted earlier, Xarelto lawsuits are on the rise. If you or your loved one suffered internal bleeding from taking Xarelto, or your loved one died as a result, please do not hesitate to contact the Gooch Law firm concerning your situation. A Xarelto lawyer can review your situation and determine if a Xarelto lawsuit can be filed.
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you took Xarelto and have been diagnosed with internal bleeding and/or a loved one has died as a result of Xarelto, please contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS