The review of the Davis – Ace Hardware – Asbestos – Mesothelioma case documents what many secondary asbestos dust exposure victims may face today – past potential asbestos exposure and mesothelioma. The court ruled on the motion to dismiss.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. 12-1185-SLR-CJB – February 12, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Plaintiffs Harry A. and Madonna S. Davis are a married couple residing in the State of Florida.
- Plaintiffs allege, inter alia, that while living and working in Florida, Mr. Davis was wrongfully exposed to asbestos and/or asbestos-containing products which were “mixed, mined, manufactured, distributed, sold, removed, installed and/or used” by the Defendants, and that as a result of this exposure, Mr. Davis developed “[l]ung [c]ancer . . . and other asbestos-related injuries and diseases.”
- Plaintiffs named 50 companies as Defendants.
- Though the counts in Plaintiffs’ Complaint contain no headings, which makes it difficult to ascertain the specific causes of action they represent, all appear to be state common law claims relating to the alleged asbestos exposure (such as claims for negligence, fraud, product liability, premises liability, conspiracy and loss of consortium).
For more on asbestos and mesothelioma, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and need an asbestos or mesothelioma lawyer to help you file a mesothelioma lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS