The case is filed in the United States District Court, United States District Court, D. New Jersey, and documents what many Navy veterans face today – past potential asbestos exposure and mesothelioma. The Defendant won the summary judgment motion.
To find out more on the case, see Case no. 13-1285 (JBS/JS)– June 30, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- This case arises from the death of John W. Barnes, Jr. (“Barnes”) from alleged exposure to asbestos.
- Plaintiffs assert that Barnes was exposed to asbestos-containing products manufactured, distributed, or supplied by GE during his service in the United States Navy from 1950 to 1952 and that his exposure to these products caused his death.
- The late Mr. Barnes served in the Navy as a fireman from May 29, 1950 to April 15, 1952 aboard the USS Everglades.
For more on mesothelioma and asbestos, please visit the links below:
- An Overview
- Asbestos Connection
- Exposure to Asbestos
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis/Staging and Treatment
- Go To Asbestos
- Asbestos & Mesothelioma News
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and need an asbestos or mesothelioma lawyer to help you file a mesothelioma lawsuit, contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS