Accutane, Acne, Hoffman-LaRoche, Inflammatory Bowel Disease case documents what many accutane prescription drug users may be experiencing today – potential inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s Disease, ulcerative colitis or other problem from the use of the acne drug accutane. The court ruled on the motion.
To find out more on the case, see Case No. 13-754 – April 8, 2014.
A brief summary of the facts include:
- Dr. Kappelman is an Assistant Professor on the faculty of the Medical School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, whose duties include treating patients, conducting research studies, and publishing the results of his studies.
- This is primarily in the field of pediatric gastroenterology. He is not a party in the Accutane litigation and has not consulted with any of the parties.
- However, Dr. Kappelman was a co-author of “A [Causal] Association between Isotretinoin and Inflammatory Bowel Disease Has Yet to Be Established,” an article published in 2009 in The American Journal of Gastroenterology (TAJG).
Accutane (isotretinoin) is a drug that was developed by Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. for treating severe cystic (nodular) acne. Accutane is also marketed under the names Roaccutane, Amnesteem, Claravis and Sotret. Accutane is known as a retinoid, and is a synthetic form of Vitamin A. Accutane was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1982.
Accutane Health Concerns
According to many reviews and reports, Accutane treatment may have a number of long term and serious side effects, including:
- Birth defects
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Colitis (ulcerative), and many other Accutane side effects
For more on Accutane, please follow this link…
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases. If you have taken the acne drug accutane and been diagnosed with one of the above noted problems (inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s Disease, ulcerative colitis…), contact our office at 1.844.329.5955.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS